You need a permit if
Your production is taking place on private property and involves production vehicles and or crew vehicles parking on the street, involves the display of firearms, use of gunfire, or involves pyrotechnics.
Your project will affect city/parish/state property, equipment or facilities. This includes public property such as sidewalks, highways, and parks.
Required Forms
All 4 of the following forms are required to receive a film permit:
Film Application

Begin the process of filming in Baton Rouge by providing basic information about your production, including times, locations, dates, and contact information.


All productions are required to purchase and maintain at least $1M in liability coverage, insuring the appropriate city, parishes, or State of Louisiana.

Hold Harmless

Any production using property in and around Baton Rouge area owned by the City must provide a hold harmless agreement before filming.

Film Permit

In addition to an application, hold harmless, and proof of insurance, productions must complete and file a film permit.

Additional Forms
Fire Department Permit

If your production will be using any pyrotechnics or will require the assistance of the Baton Rouge Fire Department you must additionally file a Fire Department Permit with our office.

Traffic Closure Permit

If your production will require closure of State or City Roads, or if your production will interfere with the normal flow of traffic, you must file an additional Traffic Closure Permit with our office.


Currently, the Baton Rogue Film Commission does not issue permits for filming activity that involves the use of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), more commonly known as drones. Instead, when using a drone for commercial purposes, the film commission requires production companies to ensure that their drone operators adhere to and comply with all FAA regulations. Please visit the FAA’s Unmanned Aircraft Systems page for the latest UAS news and updates.

Parking Meter Request

If your production will require the closure of on-street, metered parking spaces, a meter request is required.

What Happens Next

The Baton Rouge Film Office will email the executed permit to the production, which must be kept on set at all times during filming.

Depending on production needs, the Baton Rouge Film office may request a pre-production meeting between our office, the production heads and the appropriate law enforcement agencies for road closures, crowd control, public buildings, supervision of pyrotechnic effects and any other city, parish or state service.

We request all documents be submitted at least 10 business days before filming, however we will do our best to accommodate late applications.

Sign up to the newsletter to receive the latest news about Film Baton Rouge, funding updates, and upcoming event information.