Permitting & Regulations
YOU NEED A PERMIT IF:
- You are producing a feature/independent film/video/digital-related project that affects city/parish/state property, equipment or facilities. This includes public property such as sidewalks, highways, and parks.
- Your production is taking place on private property and involves production vehicles and or crew vehicles parking on the street, involves the display of firearms, use of gunfire;or involves pyrotechnics.
INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR PERMITS:
- Filming location(s)
- Dates, times
- City services requested – A production activity report to include but not limited to general vehicle list, number of personnel, location logistics, traffic needs/road closures, and use of large equipment.
- Certificate of Insurance – Mandatory for permitting, the insurance must additionally insure the appropriate city, parishes or state of Louisiana. General Liability is $1 million. The certificate of insurance must be provided for the permit to be processed and the Baton Rouge Film Commission must be notified immediately by the policyholder if insurance coverage is lowered or dropped.
PERMIT FORMS: Please send all permits to: email@example.com
- BR Film Application
- Certificate of Liability Insurance Requirements
- Film Permit
- Hold Harmless Agreement
- Fire Department Permit
- Traffic Closure Permit
- Parking Meter Permit
*Permit applications are accepted via email ONLY. No fax copies will be accepted.